Welcome to Headwaters, Inc.
HEADWATERS, INC. is a not-for-profit transitional community based work/rehabilitation center operating since 1969. We have over 40 years of experience providing services to people with intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, chronically mentally ill, brain injury, physically disabled, individuals who are economically disadvantaged, and children with special needs in Forest, Oneida, and Vilas counties.
HEADWATERS, INC. offers the following programs:
- Vocational assessments and training for adults and students
- Community employment for adults and students
- Work Service Training for adults and students
- Day Service Training for adults and students
- Educational programs – Computer usage, self-advocacy, self-development
- Recreation/leisure skills for adults and students
- Older Adult/Respite programs for individuals with dementia or early Alzheimer’s
- Birth to 3 program for children with special needs
- Case coordinators who assist with coordination of services and advocacy
- “Informed Choice”
- Adult Day/Respite Care
- Quality Care/Evaluation of Programs
All of our programs are outcome based. Every program has overall goals and each program has consumer goals. “Informed Choice” is the core ingredient of all our programs. Every consumer has an individual service plan addressing major concerns in their lives: physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech, social skills, work skill development, employment, education, technology, recreational/leisure, medical, daily living skills, and residential goals. All program goals comply with the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Affiliate of Catholic Charities Bureau
1441 East Timber Drive
P.O. Box 618
Rhinelander, WI 54501